The Village’s Public Works Department strives to maintain, preserve and protect the infrastructure resources of the Village in the most efficient and effective manner possible; we do so consistent with the policies established by the Village Board while maintaining a work environment built upon trust, respect, and citizen involvement. In order to achieve the Village’s goal of being responsive to resident needs, the Department has made responsiveness its first priority.
- Maintenance, repair, and construction of sewers and drains
- Maintenance, repair, and construction/rehabilitation of streets
- Maintenance of Village owned trees
- Maintenance of Village owned buildings and structures
- Maintenance of street lights and traffic signals
- Maintenance of Village vehicles
- Removal of ice and snow from public streets and sidewalks
- Cleaning of streets/sweeping
- Production, maintenance, and distribution of high quality drinking water
The Department is comprised of four full-time employees including the Superintendent, who manages and oversees day-to-day activities, plans long-term goals, and manages the department's budget. The remaining three members of the team have a combined 20 years of experience and institutional knowledge of the needs of the community, always striving to provide the highest level of service possible.