New Resident Guide
Welcome home to beautiful Kenilworth!
Here you will find useful information to help you get settled into your new community. If you cannot find what you need here, please email the Village or call 847-251-1666 so that we may better serve our residents.
Get bi-weekly updates from the Village delivered right to your inbox via Kenilworth Contact and stay on top of urgent information via our alert system.
Please also feel free to download our New Resident Guide, which contains the information listed below.
The Village of Kenilworth operates under the council-manager form of government with the day-to-day operations of the Village being run and coordinated by a full-time, professional Village Manager, who is appointed by the Village Board. The Village Board consist of six elected Trustees, and a Village President. The Village Board meets on the third Monday of each month at 7:00 pm. For more information on the Board, and other Village Committees and Commissions, please visit the following link.
- Utility Services
- Complete the Utilities Start Service Form to set up your water and sewer account with the Village. For information on the different methods to pay your bill, please visit the online bill payment page.
- Resident Vehicle Sticker
- All vehicles registered in the State of Illinois with a Kenilworth Address must also be registered with the Village through the purchase of an annual vehicle sticker.
- Dog License
- All dogs are required to be registered annually with the Village.
- Alarm Permit
- All alarm systems at any residence or a building with a fixed location are required to receive an annual permit from the Village Police Department.
- Kenilworth Beach
- Kenilworth residents also have beach access in the Village. Beach passes are available for purchase on the Village website or at Village Hall.
The Village's current provider is Flood Brothers. Pick-ups can be scheduled once or twice per week and will be taken at the back door. Please DO NOT place toter carts out near the street. Yard waste pick-up takes place April-November and occurs on Wednesdays.
Additional Recycling Information
- Household Chemical Disposal: SWANCC
- Document Destruction: SWANCC
- Electronics Recycling: SWANCC
- Prescription Drug & Sharps Disposal: Kenilworth Police Department
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb Recycling: Kenilworth Village Hall
- Water & Sewer: Village of Kenilworth
- Gas: Nicor
- Electric: ComEd
- Phone/Internet: AT&T
- Phone/Internet: Xfinity
- Phone/Internet: Verizon
General Village Guidance & Regulations
Gas Powered Leaf Blowers
Effective January 1, 2021, the use of any gasoline-powered leaf blower, whether backpack-mounted, wheel-mounted, or handheld, which includes electric leaf blowers connected to portable gasoline-powered electric generators are not permitted:
At all times May 15 through September 30
From October 1 through May 14, before 8 a.m. and after 6 p.m., Monday-Friday, before 9 a.m. and after 5 p.m. on Saturdays, and at all times on Sundays or holidays
Parking on any street within the village between the hours of 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. on any day is prohibited. For more information on parking regulations within the village, review the Village Code, or give the Police Department a call at 847-251-2141
|Wilmette-Kenilworth Chamber of Commerce|