The Building/Planning Division is responsible for building, zoning, planning, and other activities that relate to land use in the Village. The department implements zoning regulations, building codes, planning guidelines, and other Village codes as they relate to the built environment.
The department’s functions include:
- Review of building permit applications for all building projects and other structures
- Zoning reviews and plan reviews to assure compliance with zoning and building regulations
- Issuance of building permits
- Code enforcement and inspections of projects under construction
- Review of tree removal applications and issuance of tree permits
The division is available to answer zoning code, building code, and construction questions, and to meet with applicants. Please e-mail the Building/Planning Division at Community@vok.org if you have any questions.
View the Comprehensive Plan here.
- Building Permit Information
- Building Permit Requirements
- Additional Requirements for New Building
- Building/Planning Division Fees
- Kenilworth Building Codes
- Building Code Amendments
- Construction Site Regulations
- Tree Protection Plan
- Drainage and Grading Regulations
- Drainage and Grading-User Manual
- Steep Slope Regulations
- Steep Slopes-User Manual
- Fireplaces and Fire Pits
- Tent Code Regulations
- Neighbor Notification
- Property Maintenance Code
- Comprehensive Plan
- Development Review Process
- Tree Planting and Replacement List
Applications can be found by clicking here.
For more information on liquor licenses, please view Title XI, Chapter 116 of the Village Code.